The rich variety of the country means the USA offers plenty of alternatives for vacations; they vary from vibrant cities to spectacular natural features. Here are a few ideas that are certain to get you thinking about your next break, even if it is only for a long weekend. Internal flight availability makes everything possible. (more…)
Europe is a real mixture of languages and culture. It offers warm summers on the Mediterranean and great skiing destinations in the Alps in winter. Athens and Rome provide reminders of great Empires of the past while London and Paris both deserve significant time to view their many attractions. When it comes to resorts some tend to revolve around activities and one such activity that appeals to many is golf. The British links courses are world famous and many tour the top Open courses, money no object.
Monaco attracts the very wealthy in their yachts with the Casino filled every day and the weekend of the Grand Prix without a spare bed anywhere. (more…)
San Antonio is a particularly fast growing city in recent years. Its population is quick approaching 1.5 million, the second largest population in the State of Texas. In contrast nearby New Braunfels which is part of what is known as Greater San Antonio has just 70,000 but within the two cities there are some prime real estate. The metropolitan area as a whole has 2.4 million people and is richly diverse.
Dominion and Champion’s Ridge are attracting the wealthy buyers who see this part of Texas as a great place to ensure a prosperous future. There are penthouses on Riverwalk, real estate with plenty of land and waterfront locations that are great, even as simply a vacation property. (more…)
The time has long gone when people wore a watch purely to tell the time. A watch is now very much a fashion accessory. At the top end of the market there are watches that sell for thousands of dollars but for that buyers require style and design and a mechanism that will lose even the tiniest thousandth of a second. It is a challenge that has been met by a number of specialist manufacturers. If you are going to be rolling around in a Hummer limousine in San Antonio, you want to have a watch that shows you mean business. Here are the names of those who have got to the top of their profession:
- Rolex is a Swiss watch made in Geneva and its name is instantly recognizable and such is its quality that unlike many other ‘’fashion’’ items a Rolex watch is a great investment.
- Ulysse Nardin is a brand first introduced in the middle of the 19th Its HQ is in Le Loche, Switzerland and its special niche is marine watches. The number of international awards it has received is evidence of its quality.
- Blancpain, from Biel in Switzerland is owned by the Swatch Group concentrates on quality not quantity; it makes just 30 watches a day such is the precision required to produce the smallest and thinnest movement in the watch sector today.
- Girard-Perregaux was first made towards the end of the 18th Century in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. It has gained a reputation for design, hence its major appeal to the fashion conscious.
- Jaeger-LeCoultre from Le Sentier in Switzerland has a history dating back to the early 19th Their movements are complex and they produce a number of ‘’brands’’ within the brand
- Audemars Piguet has its headquarters in Le Brassus, Switzerland and began production in 1875. Its watches are regarded and fairly complex yet have the style and elegance that today’s discerning buyer requires.
- Lange & Söhne is in Glashütte, Germany and has forced its way into a Swiss dominated market by setting itself high mechanical standards.
- Breguet, founded in Paris in 1775 by Abraham-Louis Breguet is now part of the Swatch Group and since 1976 has produced its watches in the Vallée de Joux, Switzerland. Elegance and design are two words regularly associated with the brand, hence its prominence amongst luxury watch makers.
- Vacheron Constantin is a brand created by Jean-Marc Vacheron back in 1755. The company holds the Richemont brand and produces watches in both Geneva and Vallée de Joux.
- Patek Philippe may not have the name that Rolex has across society as a whole but among those in the position to buy a luxury watch it will always get serious consideration. In some people’s eyes there is no better watch on the market today because of a combination of accuracy and sheer craftsmanship.
Each of these watch manufacturers have earned a great reputation for the quality of the watches they produce. There is little between them and as with many luxury goods, manufacturers are intent on creating brand loyalty and the quality that helps them achieve it. Their longevity suggests that these manufacturers have achieved that.
In common with many increasingly popular cities the range of cuisine on offer reflects both the diversity of the community and the type of people who visit. Tourists now expect international cuisine everywhere they go and San Antonio certainly doesn’t disappoint. Clearly there is demand for steak and Mexican food from locals while there are inevitably restaurants serving everything from Italian to Chinese. Some diners rate location above style of cuisine so it is also worth considering options in the center of the city, ‘’Downtown.’’ (more…)